Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /nfs/c02/h03/mnt/43589/domains/jaykinghorn.com/html/wp-config.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c02/h03/mnt/43589/domains/jaykinghorn.com/html/wp-config.php:2) in /nfs/c02/h03/mnt/43589/domains/jaykinghorn.com/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-mobile-detector/functions.php on line 1454
Jay Kinghorn's Blog | Photoshop CS4: Drag-resizing Cursors
// you’re reading...

Photographers

Photoshop CS4: Drag-resizing Cursors

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /nfs/c02/h03/mnt/43589/domains/jaykinghorn.com/html/wp-content/plugins/miniposts/miniposts.php on line 277

Discussion

10 comments for “Photoshop CS4: Drag-resizing Cursors”

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c02/h03/mnt/43589/domains/jaykinghorn.com/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405
  1. I’m sorry, but I know most of photoshop shortcuts and this change is very bad for my work :
    normally (photoshop 7) ctrl+alt+right click is for quick layer selection, and know with this quick brush resize option I can’t change to another layer without change the current tool.
    So I buy cs4 to use photoshop 7…
    Because no toogle function.

Posted by mauvoisin | April 26, 2009, 3:24 pm
  2. Mauvoisin,

Thanks for your note. You can always change Photoshop’s default Keyboard Shortcuts. Under the Edit menu, select Keyboard Shortcuts. You should be able to return the ctrl+alt-right-click function to Photoshop 7’s behavior.

Jay

Posted by jay | April 27, 2009, 9:06 am
  3. I love the ctrl+alt+right click (the mac version preferred) but found the tone of the tip a bit condescending. Master level? It’s merely a shortcut.

Posted by dmitry | April 27, 2009, 1:50 pm
  4. Dmitry,

Thanks for your note. I’m sorry you found the term “master level” to be condescending. I will be more careful of my use of terms in the future.

Posted by jay | April 27, 2009, 2:04 pm
  5. Cheerio, and keep the tips coming!

Posted by Dmitry | May 2, 2009, 6:19 pm
  6. The red indicator isn’t showing when resizing or adjusting hardness…help please?

Thanks!
    Nicholas

Posted by Nicholas | February 3, 2010, 9:33 am
  7. Nicholas,

Make sure you’re using the correct sequence of keys to make the red overlay appear. On the Mac, it is CTRL-Option (Not CMD-Option as is most shortcuts) and on Windows right click+alt.

You might also check to see whether or not the caps lock is depressed. Often that will change the visibility of brushes, though it didn’t affect the usage of this shortcut on Mac.

If you’re still experiencing problems, you might try deleting your preferences and relaunching Photoshop.

Jay

Posted by jay | February 3, 2010, 10:36 am
  8. JAY – THANK YOU!!! I have been SO frustrated by sometimes not being able to change my brush size when using the healing tool and I could never figure out what button I accidentally pressed to make it lock! It IS the caps lock! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Posted by Kelly | January 1, 2012, 11:35 pm
  9. Kelly,

Glad I could help. Happy Photoshopping!

Posted by Jay | January 2, 2012, 4:19 pm
  10. Oh my, I am using Photoshop for 8 years and I only encountered this on your site! Great job on this one!

Posted by Jhun | December 13, 2012, 7:44 am